Out of both us Latte Mummies Charlotte is the fashionista, don’t get me wrong I love to shop, but I find shopping for clothes so stressful. My body is forever changing depending if that week I have decided to eat a burger or not, and so for me my daily attire mainly consists gym clothes or comfort clothes, so when I shop I shop for makeup, skin care hair care, mainly anything that can keep me looking and feeling 20 years younger (wishful thinking).
So I have put together my 5 top picks all beauty related that I think are an absolute must have in any girls toiletry cupboard. I am also going to write a little something as to why I love the product and how I use it to give you a little insight to my daily routine.
- Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil – If you haven’t tried this product you must. This cleansing oil melts away all traces of makeup within minutes, I use this as my main makeup remover, although oil based it doesn’t give you greasy/ fry an egg on type skin after using it. It smooths over the skin and leaves you with a beautiful glow. I then use warm water and a flannel to remove any excess makeup. This is most definitely my favourite product to use so highly recommend.
2. Soleil Tan De Chanel – Although pricy totally worth every penny. Lasts forever and the best and easiest broker I have ever used. This can be worn on holiday to add a little glow to a makeup free face or like me to add warmth to my foundation. Its cream in texture and I dab it on, to the areas that the sun would naturally hit. I use this product whether its nipping out for some milk or if I’m going out out. it is perfect for giving you that sun-kissed glow.
3. Kerastase Masque Force Architecte – One for the hair ladies! If your like me then I tend to forget about my hair and that sometimes we need to look after that as well. I spend so much times getting the latest must haves for my face, my hair often gets missed out. Although I’m naturally blonde I get a little help from our good old friend BLEACH, and after 20 years of bleaching, dying, straightening, blowdrying and seeing if maybe brunettes have more fun my hair sometimes looks pretty sorry for itself. Low and behold this gem… I use this hair treatment once a week if I can after washing it, I apply it to towel dried hair and leave it in for about 15 minutes. My hair looks, smells and feels so lovely after using it and after using this product for nearly 4 months I have noticed a difference in my hair already.
4. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser – This is my daily go to. I suffer from redness and discolouration on my skin, and since having Theo have melanoma spots in certain areas, I’m currently on the lookout fora product that can help reduce this discolouration but until then I manage to cover it with this tinted moisturiser. The coverage is brilliant, its light but covers the areas I dislike. It also builds really well if you want a little more coverage. I wear this everyday even if I’m going to the gym as I get very self-conscious about my skin.
5. Elemis Rehydrating Ginseng Toner – With my job, my skin is always dehydrated. I have tried and tested so many products to help to no avail. I was recommended this by my mother In law and I love it. I spray it on as soon as I land off a flight and have taken my makeup off and leave it to sit in the skin, my face soaks it all in and adds some moisture back to my skin. I also use it within my daily skin care regime after I have cleansed, and I apply it using a cotton pad.